A Strategic Approach to User Acquisition & Engagement of University Students
Grace Isford, Lakshmi Prakash, Sarah Stebbins, Dana Tung
The Client: A university-level platform that digitizes the career center to connect students to jobs (company name omitted by request)
The Problem to Solve
The client wants to increase user acquisition by developing a strategy to properly target, acquire, and integrate new users with the existing platforms of career centers and employers.
Engineering a Solution
Tools and Methodologies
The team needed to understand the market, identify target users, and develop a go-to-market strategy for the client. To do so, they used the following methodologies:
- Competitive analysis: Industry interviews and business model analysis.
- University student survey: Sent to 117 responses and 24 schools to target new universities and their students.
- Data analysis and modeling: The team utilized a Flash Team and used regression and predictive models to identify target students.
- Expert interviews: With professors, career centers, and students
Recommendations and Deliverables
- Target schools with the highest predicted active student population.
- Acquire users through the university personas decision tree created by the team.
- Track and measure success using activation rates.