Sonos: Customer Repurchase Analysis
Chris Reed, Allen Reitz, Tanner Beason, Nick Gomez
The Client: Sonos
Sonos is a consumer electronics company widely known for the smart speakers it develops and manufactures.
The Problem to Solve
Based on internal and external data provided by Sonos, help the company spur initiatives and make decisions in the following areas:
- Retail proximity: What is the impact of customer access to large-box retailers on repurchase rates?
- Weather events: What are the impacts of weather patterns and conditions on repurchase rates?
- Stock market data: What is the impact of consumer perception of stock market performance on repurchasing behaviors?
Engineering a Solution
Tools and Methodologies
- Cleanse internal and external data.
- Calculate specific factors based on data using data manipulation by tabulated gini coefficient and hazard rate.
- Build and run a logistical regression model to make predictions and deterine factors that influence repurchase rate.
- Invest in affordable products.
- Sales promotion for the "in between" period, the time between any two of a customer's purchases.