Redwood City Police Activities League
Tumisang Ramarea, Moratwa Chamme, Alison Logia, Madison Coots
The Client: Redwood City PAL
The Redwood City Police Activities League (PAL) is a non-profit organization committed to serving communities in Redwood City. It joins police professionals and community members to provide school-age children and their families access to after school resources, with a focus on producing successful opportunities for underrepresented and underserved communities.
The Problem to Solve
PAL wants to develop a tool to help coordinate and manage their grant writing process, which is a major source of income for the organization.
Engineering a Solution
Tools and Methodologies
- Conducted interviews with the executive director to understand PAL's organizational structure.
- Process mapping to visualize the details of the workflow and identify the bottlenecks.
- Tool selection by identifying the key needs our final solution needs to address.
Recommendation and Deliverables
- Use Asana, a project management tool, to streamline the PAL organization.
- Join the Google suite to collaborate using an institutional account.
- Implement a naming system that is consistent for team members to find files easily.
- Establish protocols to standardize the onboarding of new team members so that when the team changes, PAL can maintain efficiency.