Improving Floodgate's Deal Flow
Ali Sarilgan, Dania Cortes, Hemangini Raina, Sofia Jimenez
The Client: Floodgate Fund
Floodgate Fund is an early stage VC fund that invest in seed and Series A companies, in round sizes around $150K-$1M.
The Problem to Solve
Floodgate Fund aims to increase their accessibility to talented entrepreneurs who might not have access to social networks that can connect them with funding partners. Specifically, they want to:
- Attract funding requests from quality companies and entrepreueurs.
- Select the best companies to fund within their pipeline.
Engineering a Solution
Tools and Methodologies
- The team interviewed relevant stakeholders, including venture capitalists and entrepreneurs, along with conducting market research in order to understand the best practices in institutional funding.
- They proposed an online application process that comprises of 3 sections: team information, market, and insights.
Recommendations and Deliverables
- With the proposed workflow, investors can spend less time skimming through pitches and make faster decisions.
- A centralized database can help Floodgate review decisions annually.
- Floodgate can utilize statistical analysis to automatically flag companies to meet with or pass on.