Developing a Safer Tomorrow: Team NextNav
Thomas Fleming, Trevor Rasmussen, Daniely Perez, Jordan Ewert
The Client: NextNav
NextNav is a location services company that provides a proprietary alternative to GPS to facilitate First Responders' emergency response time. NextNav has produced a microchip that can be inserted into mobile devices which gives a more precise location of a person in buildings and urban areas, rendering a 3D image of the person's whereabouts.
The Problem to Solve
What features should NextNav include in its new app for first responders?
Engineering a Solution
Tools and Methodologies
- Competitive app analysis: Analyze and test existing apps, their features, and price points.
- Interview first responders: Talk to first responders about what they would like to see in the app, and what they think of existing apps.
- Focus on superior customer support.
- Spend less time on bells and whistles, and more time perfecting core-mission-critical features.
- Develop a UI that is intuitive, simple, and easily navigable.