Connecting the Future: A Product Roadmap from the Internet of Things
Christopher Lopez, Emma Hanley, Sam Laurin, Mason Smith
Aeris Communications, Inc. is an internet-of-things solutions firm that focuses on providing cellular service to physical devices.
The Problem to Solve
Aeris wanted to find emerging technologies that can be implemented in the next 1-10 years.
Engineering a Solution
Tools and Methodologies
The team explored relevant emerging technologies and discussed the intersection of the following technologies:
- Zero Touch Provisioning: Allows remote setup, updates, and bug fixes without manual intervention.
- Anomaly Detection: Uses machine learning algorithms to analyze data from sensors of connected devices in order to address challenges such as security threats, efficiency and product optimization, and unusual device performance.
- Digital Twins: Creates a digital model of a real-life physical asset.
- The intersection of technologies in the automotive insurance industry.
Recommendations and Deliverables
The team developed recommendations for the following pre-go-to-market strategy:
- Perfect anomaly detection and zero touch provisioning.
- Build a framework for digital twin connectivity.
- Create a data analysis platform.
- Target the manufacturing vertical for initial growth.
- Grow and expand in new verticals.