Stanford offers multiple courses where students work in teams to solve actual problems submitted by our friends in industry. Our Affiliates members are given top priority in proposing projects to students.
Examples of past projects: Strategic Design and Optimization of Reward Points, Portfolio Risk Control Analysis, and Resource Allocation under Uncertainty.
Companies benefit by
- working with a select group of students in depth over time
- finding potential solutions to the problems they propose
- raising awareness of the company
- building a reputation among students and faculty as a company where creative solutions are valued
Students benefit by
- learning to solve problems in team environments
- seeing cutting-edge industry problems
- exploring creative, possibly high-risk solutions
- practicing "outside-the-box" thinking in a lower-risk environment