Application information for current Stanford undergraduate students
The application deadline for coterminal applicants is 5 p.m. January 17, 2017. We have an early review for all completed coterminal applications received by 5 p.m. October 18, 2016. Applications are not reviewed between April and November.
We have moved to an online application. Please submit all application material online.
What you need to include in your online application:
- Transcript: either upload an unofficial transcript, or request a certified electronic transcript within the online application.
- Statement of purpose: please explain why you are applying to our program, and help us get to know you better. Answer any questions that may arise from your transcript, test scores, or resume.
- Program proposal: Complete and upload the MS&E Masters Program Proposal. List the courses you think you'd like to take for the degree; we understand that they may change. You may revise this form in your final quarter as a master's student. It is not necessary to get an advisor's signature on this initial proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from Stanford faculty members. You should get your strongest two letters of recommendation, from faculty who know your abilities well. The faculty will upload these letters to the online application. You may include an additional letter from an employer or another person who knows you well, if you choose. We will accept recommendation letters after the deadline.
- Official GRE scores: Only the GRE general test is required. Please be sure to list Stanford as a "Score Recipient," as we will not receive them if you just send them to your "Undergraduate Institution."
You may view your application status and decision on your application activity page. Log back into your online application, and click on "Review Your Activity".
Decisions will be made by early March. We will review completed early applications in November and December, but in some cases, we will need to review the whole application pool to determine the top applicants.