The undergraduate degree program in Management Science and Engineering has the following educational objectives:
- Principles and skills: Provide a basic understanding of management science and engineering principles, including analytical problem solving and communications skills.
- Preparation for practice: Prepare for practice in a field that sees rapid changes in tools, problems and opportunities.
- Preparation for continued growth: Prepare for graduate study and self-development over an entire career.
- Preparation for service: Develop the awareness, background and skills necessary to become responsible citizens, employees and leaders.
In particular, we want to help our students develop:
- An ability to apply knowledge of math, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments
- An ability to design a system or components to meet desired needs
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- The background necessary for admission to top professional graduate engineering or business programs
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A knowledge of contemporary issues pertinent to the field of management science and engineering.